Ways to Relieve Stress
Many people find themselves feeling over-stressed. I know I do sometimes. When you are trying to juggle a career and spend quality time with your kids and still make time to clean and cook around the house, its no wonder that we get stressed out from time to time. Add in financial worries or health issues and you can really get to a point where you feel overwhelmed.
Here are a few Stress Relieving tips that can really help:
1. Make sure that every single day you allow yourself at least 20 minutes of quiet relaxation time. Whether you just sit down to catch your breath or kick your feet up and relax watch a favorite comedy on T.V., do not neglect this down time. We all need it and we need it on a daily basis.
2. Exercise. Not only do you release endorphins which make you feel good when you are stressed you are helping to make your body healthier and stronger. Severe stress can have physical effects on you as well. And those endorphins just give you a nice little natural high. So go ahead and give yourself a half an hour, three times per week.
3. Hobbies. Whether it is woodworking or crafts or writing, everyone feels a little better and a little more calm when they allow themselves to get lost in an activity that they love. We all need productive escapes once in a while and our hobbies really provide a perfect way of doing this.
4. Get together with friends and family. Love and laughter continue to be the best medicine for stress. Make sure you give yourself enough time to be around the people who love and support you. And if they make you laugh a lot , then all the better.
5. Laugh. I’ve already briefly mentioned it twice, but laughter can really just flat out make us feel good. The more we laugh, the better we feel. And many medical studies suggest that laughter can really help us with our health problems as well. Take the time to laugh everyday.
These are just five tips that can really help you out when you feel stressed. Of course, there are many different ways to do this. Overall, just make sure you find which ones seem to work best for you. Stress can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to always be overwhelming.